Tuesday, June 26, 2018

M.R.I. = Must Run Immediately?

Well, I had a funny photo which I had uploaded, but gawd only knows where it is on this computer! I can't find it! It actually seemed to go somewhere in google, but...who knows?

Today's topic is (drum roll, please):

BREAST MRI!!!!

So I was told over the phone that this would be no big deal, that I'd be in by 9:30, out by 10:30. No prep needed, I can drive myself, blah blah blah...

Let's just say thank goodness for my mother in law! She came 30 miles to pick me up, take me to the appt., and then out to lunch. What an angel.

So...it's a little more involved than the in and out stated above. First of all, they start an IV. For this, they had me lie down. Why? So that if I faint, I'm already prone? I don't know. Felt like I was in an O.R.

Anyway, the IV wasn't so bad. Although the release form one must sign to have that (weird, starts with a "G") substance pumped into one's veins is a little scary. I thought back to when I was in labor with a baby "in distress" and how that seemed an opportune time for the doctor to hand me a release form to sign citing possible death as a result of the pending emergency C-section. And I thought of chemo poisons which were probably in my immediate future along with cancer and the fact that I was almost 60 and not getting any younger and thought, "Heck, what's a little starts-with-a-G that might stay in my body and brain forever? Bring it ON!"

So the MRI position was NOT comfortable, but the upside was that I was face down so it didn't really matter how claustrophobic I might have found the machine. Yay! Just grateful that the crap they injected into me did NOT cause a headache and did NOT cause a weird taste or smell sensation. Slight saline at the start. No big deal.

Anyway, AFTERward my back really hurt and I felt kinda' dizzy and off-balance. Not real well at all. Again, SO glad I didn't have to drive. Felt better after FOOD. So nice of m-i-l to take me out to lunch.

We were there for maybe 2 hours tops and the parking cost (drum roll) $11.20! WTF????? Now I need to go back there for a PET scan. Think I'll walk the 9 miles from home.

Got a lot of sleep when I came home. Felt great. Have not been sleeping well at all nights. Even when tired. I love when I get enough sleep and have some ENERGY and feel like getting STUFF DONE.

First oncologist visit on Thursday. As in two days from now. Tons of fun. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. "Drum Roll" indeed. How about all that racket the MRI makes?

    ReplyDelete