Sunday, July 22, 2018

Countdown to...

As the ever-approaching chemo day lurks on my horizon (3 days from now, but who's counting? ME, that's who!) I'm finding it hard to sleep. Actually, some nights it's flat-out impossible to sleep. Take the night before last. I was up until about 10:30 yesterday morning! And there went the day. I feel that I'll probably be sleeping a lot post-chemo, so I should stay awake and get a few things done while I still can. Ugh. Thoughts like this keep me up nights.

And now, as the day of poisoning nears, my head is swirling with thoughts of immunotherapy, clinical trials, Vitamin B17, etc. etc. Is pumping the poison practically straight into my heart what I really want to do? I mean, it seems to be standard procedure; chemo, surgery, radiation. That's how it's done. Isn't it? I like my doctors and trust them implicitly. As I write this I have another tab open on my computer to the American Cancer Society's Clinical Trials. I'm reading a lot. When I can. Sometimes my comprehension goes out the window. Probably as a result of distractions and distracted thinking. What's ahead? How sick will I be? Who's going to do the stuff I might be unable to do?

OMG I'm driving myself crazy just writing all of that.

SO...been looking at a LOT of wigs lately. Turns out there's (what seems to be) an awesome wig shop not far from home at all. I found them on line and have watched several of their videos. When I looked up where they were located...well, it just has to be fate that they're so close. Anyway, trying to get up the nerve to go in there. I figured hubby may not enjoy such an outing, so maybe I'll grab a friend and maybe go on a weekday which might be less busy. Or, on second thought, hubby might want to go.

I figure I need at least one serious wig that could pass for real hair to go with the freaky Halloween wigs with which I plan to complete my collection. Since it's late July, they will inevitably be available at retailers everywhere soon. Every now and then I might want to sport some freaky pink or aqua hair. Or maybe some rockstar hair. Amazon has all kinds of fun hair. I could have Axl Rose or Slash hair in no time at all. 🤣 To a former theatre major, the options are endless.

5 comments:

  1. Terry, I already adore the wig collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're ready to shop, I'll take you to the shop in north Hollywood where hair stylists go and i can get you the wholesale price with my license

    ReplyDelete