Thursday, July 5, 2018

Repose, Rest, Shut-Eye, Slumber, Snoozing, Forty Winks, Siesta...

sleep
slēp/
noun, 
  1. 1.
    a condition of body and mind such as that which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended.


Oh. Is THAT what it is? I had almost forgotten. 😪

So, yes, it was the 4th of July yesterday. And, yes, here in exclusive Pyro Acres they were out blowing up the neighborhood until...well, I think I heard the last one at about 3:40 this morning. The dog and the guinea pig seem to have made full recoveries. Of course, they just seem to fall asleep whenever they please. What's their secret? I, as per usual, was up until past sunrise. Nice. (Not).

I had tried some new sleeping pills and they just seemed to make my "itchy-twitchies" worse. Instead of restless legs syndrome I seem to have restless body syndrome. With itching. Fun times. Anyway, turns out these pills are actually generic benadryl. And they somehow made me itchier and twitchier. (*sigh*) Which sucks as one would think that benadryl would have the opposite effect. 

SO... "Marijuana oil!" more than one friend has said. So, we shall check that out later today. The shop is conveniently located next to our vet. So perhaps the dog could get a mani/pedi whilst we're perusing the, uh, weeds. 

My wonderful husband ran some errands for me today. How lucky am I? Went to pick up my mammogram and ultra-sound/biopsy records from the imaging place so that I would have them for my upcoming PET scan. And he ran to Walmart to return something AND to AAA to order me a new license plate. I had gotten pulled over on my way home from my biopsy last month (super timing!) and given a fix-it ticket for my missing front license plate. After driving around without it for two years, fate picks THAT particular moment, when I'm behind the wheel and in a mental fog looking forward to home and wine after the trauma of biopsy, to have a cop pull me over. 😩

So...PET scan. Wow. Lots of dietary changes in order to prep.  48 hrs. before the scan, do not get chilled. (What? Why? Not likely as it's going to be over 100°). 24 hrs. before, no liquids except for water. No dairy, no starch, no sugar, no gum (!), no smoking. OK foods: meat, fish, chicken, pork, eggs, tofu, oils, butters, margarine, fresh leafy greens, onions, avocados (hooray!), cucumbers, broccoli, no dressing other than oil & vinegar, and plain or lightly salted nuts (yay). 6 hrs. before the scan, only water. It'll take 2-1/2 hours. And are you claustrophobic? That's a shame. They didn't really say that but...I guess if I have a nervous claustro-breakdown, I'll get to escape the evil scan tunnel that much sooner. 

One more thing to look forward to is tomorrow's 7:30 a.m. blood draw. Hopefully I'll remember my doctor order this time. And hopefully I'll sleep before then. 

1 comment:

  1. Witty, funny, informative. Thank you for taking the time to post. I love you. You do make me laugh. I'm remembering Norman Cousins. Do you remember? Look him up on Wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete