Thursday, July 19, 2018

Oncological Logic

I really like my oncologist. Just came back from only the second appt. with him and I feel as if I'm in good hands.

Thankfully the PET scan came back showing only cancer in the left breast and lymph nodes. I was so afraid that it had spread. Started to imagine/horribilize that it was in my other breast, lungs, etc. Ugh.
Also, the EKG was good. And the port is in. The red blisters from the allergic reaction to the port bandages are healing, also. AND it's been 10 days since the port was installed so I can SWIM! Hooray! 🏊

So I start chemo next week. Sounds like an ordeal, but I'm glad I'll be doing something to fight this insidious invader. Kinda' scary. Don't know what to expect. Besides feeling like 💩, going bald, and barfing, of course. And being an absolute gem to be around, no doubt.

I have an amazing friend who just lost her husband to cancer. She has a blanket for me to use during chemo. What a beautiful gesture. I'll feel as if her husband is watching over me during the treatment. Another angel in my life. How do I deserve so many?

I told the Dr. today how freakin' TIRED I've been today and yesterday. More so than usual. He said it's probably because I've been through a lot of tests and appts. lately. He's right, I have. And there are many more to come. More appts., more scans, more EKGs...the fun continues.

Been watching a lot of Youtube lately. Cancer, wigs, etc. Some posts are very helpful. Some posters are just nuts. LOL. Right now I'm learning all about wigs. Mainly how to attach one to a bald head. I must admit that, with Halloween coming up (at least the retailers seem to think so) I expect to have lots of fun picking out a coupla' outrageous wigs to wear NOT for Halloween, but for every day. The weirder the better. My daughter has a hot pink number that I plan to confiscate for this purpose. I could have different hair every day - at varying levels of tacky, crazy, and realistic. 😆

I guess that's it for an update. I thought I had more to say, but I can't remember. I think I have chemo brain before the chemo.

1 comment: