Friday, July 6, 2018

I SLEPT!!!

Aaaaahhhh...it's amazing what complete exhaustion can do for a girl! Got some SLEEP!!! Great day today. Got some CBD gummy drops to help with sleep for tonight and as needed. Got some pot-inspired dog treats for our ailing almost-teenaged dog, as well. She'll be 13 in 2 weeks! But I digress. Gnarly pot shop. Or whatever those stores are calling themselves these days. Hadn't really ever been to one before. Good experience. Hope the gummies work. If so, I'll be back. Really knowledgeable staff, too. I guess I'm so impressed 'cuz this is all new to me. I mean, I was a good girl (to an extent) in the 70s/80s. I CERTAINLY did NOT go to head shops back then! Horrors! LOL.

We all got pedis today. Me, hubby(!), and daughter. Daughter got a mani, too. It was fun! Hubby and daughter also got haircuts. Not me. I'll be bald soon, so I saved some money there.

So, between running errands and pedi, etc., I got all of my upcoming appts. scheduled (for now): the port installation (OMG and ew, gross!), the heart check, and the PET scan (another scary thing as well as claustro-inducing). The port is really the one I'm dreading the most. I mean, how gross to have some object implanted under your skin? So I guess it's a good thing that that will be taken care of first. And that I'll be knocked out, too. Well, twilight sleep.

It occurs to me that if I hadn't slept well last night then all of this might be overwhelming. So thankful I got in those Zs. It makes a HUGE difference. 😄

Now all I have to do is remember all the dietary restrictions for the port and the PET (not that there are that many, but still...), but not the heart check. I'm so confused. I wonder how my brain will be once I start chemo. Maybe it will be an improvement.

2 comments:

  1. Ports aren't so bad - you ca twitch them for entertainment, just be careful not to let them catch on clothes and such ;O

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY ~~ sleep. Please let us know how the port "installation" went!

    ReplyDelete